Digital TV News: SES SIRIUS
SES ASTRA Boosts Household Reach in the Ukraine
Apr 21, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has significantly increased its reach in the Ukraine. SES ASTRA gained 1.8 million households in 2008, reaching almost all (2.2 million) of the 2.3 million digital satellite homes in the country.
News categories: SES ASTRA, SIRIUS, Cable TV, Market Research, NABShow, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
SES ASTRA starts new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East
Apr 29, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced the start of a new orbital position at 31.5 degrees East to support the development of the Eastern European and Middle East markets.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ORF Starts HDTV Channel on ASTRA
Apr 17, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), has announced the launch of ORF HD on ASTRA. The new channel will start broadcasting first of May and offer the complete program of ORF1 in HD format.
News categories: SES ASTRA, ORF, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite
Satellite Leads European Digitalisation
Mar 18, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) has announced that according to its most recent annual reach study 83 per cent of the satellite TV households in Europe and North Africa are digitalized.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Africa, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Satellite, Spain, UK
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K