Digital TV News: SES ASTRA
New TV service HD+ in Germany successfully established
May 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced the first official figures on viewers and customers of its new TV service HD+. As of March 31, 2011, 769,000 households in Germany received the HD+ offer via satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Digital+ launches 3D demo channel on ASTRA
Apr 27, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Spanish operator Digital+ has launched a 3D demo channel. The channel, called Canal+ 3D Demo and broadcast via SES ASTRA's orbital position 23.5ÂºE, is available free-to-air across Europe.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital+, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Spain, VR
HD+ is Coming to Sky Subscribers in Germany
Apr 11, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD offer HD+ that comprises commercial free TV channels will also be available on HD receivers for subscribers of the German pay TV package Sky (XETRA: SKYD.DE).
News categories: SES ASTRA, Sky Deutschland, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRA Reach Grows by 40 Percent on 23.5 Degrees East in Benelux Markets
Mar 24, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it increased its technical reach from the orbital position 23.5 degrees East in the Benelux markets by more than 200,000 households to a total of 740,000.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
ASTRA Increases Reach over All Platforms
Mar 23, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has extended its technical reach across Europe, and now serves 135 million TV homes in Europe and North Africa via its satellite fleet.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom and SES ASTRA Cooperate in Combined Satellite-DSL Offer
Feb 28, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced a cooperation with Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) in Germany to combine ASTRA's broad satellite free-TV offer including HD+ with Deutsche Telekom's IPTV product Entertain.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Satellite
Strong Growth for French TNTSAT on ASTRA
Feb 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that the French digital terrestrial offer on satellite, TNTSAT, broadcast via ASTRA, reached a total of 2.65 million receivers sold at the end of 2010.
News categories: SES ASTRA, TNTSAT, France, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SES ASTRA Expands in Central and Eastern Europe and Enters the Bulgarian Market
Jan 17, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG, LuxX:SESG) has announced that the Bulgarian Direct-to-Home (DTH) operator Satellite BG will use three transponders at SES ASTRA's 23.5°E orbital position for broadcasting its channel portfolio to TV homes across Bulgaria.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SES ASTRA Signs Capacity Agreement for Video Delivery to Ukraine via 31.5° East
Dec 13, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement for video delivery with Ukraine's state owned Ukrkosmos. SES ASTRA will achieve 100 percent cable-coverage in Ukraine via its 31.5°E orbital position.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Ukrkosmos, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Satellite, Ukraine
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5