Digital TV News: SIDSA
Sisvel Announces Launch of DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 9, 2010 – Sisvel has announced the launch of a new joint patent licensing program, or patent pool, offering a license under patents essential to DVB-T2.
News categories: Sisvel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial
Market Ready For Launch Of DVB-T2 Services
Sep 11, 2009 – The launch of DVB-T2 HD services is on schedule to take place later this year in the United Kingdom, with further launches expected in several other European countries including Finland and Serbia.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Serbia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 trial begins in Seville
Jun 30, 2009 – Since June 1st, 2009, Spain's FURIA project has been running a pilot in the city of Seville to perform validation testing on high-definition TV transmission via DVB-T2. The trial is the first of its kind in Spain.
News categories: FURIA, Abertis Telecom, SIDSA, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 on track for Market Deployment
Apr 17, 2009 – Following on from the official launch of DVB-T2, the second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television, at IBC 2008, broadcasters and vendors are on schedule for the early deployment of the new standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, NABShow, Terrestrial
SIDSA seeks further expansion in Latin America
Apr 16, 2009 – SIDSA will be looking to Latin America at NAB. The company has carried out DVB trials, both DVB-T and DVB-H, in countries such as Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama, with plans to lead other DVB projects in the region.
News categories: SIDSA, Argentina, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Ecuador, Latin America, Mobile, NABShow, Panama, Peru, Terrestrial, Uruguay
First DVB-T2 Plug Fest completed successfully
Mar 18, 2009 – The DVB-T2 Validation and Verification (V&V) group, coordinated by the Technical Module TM-T2 working group, has completed a very successful Plug Fest at the RAI Research Centre in Turin.
News categories: DVB Project, RAI Research Centre, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SIDSA and Telefunken to sell DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones
Feb 9, 2009 – SIDSA and Telefunken have reached an agreement for the commercialization of a brand new line of DVB-H/T mobile TV enabled mobile phones.
News categories: SIDSA, Telefunken, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Terrestrial
Technology Alliance to launch pay DTT in Spain
Jan 13, 2009 – The digital technology companies SIDSA and Secuenzia have entered into an alliance to launch pay Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), possibly in 2009, with new, attractive and high quality content.
News categories: SIDSA, Secuenzia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia