Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom and Samsung together realise 8K TV powered by 5G
Sep 9, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it has signed an MOU with Samsung to jointly develop and commercialize the world’s first 5G-8K TV. The TV will direct receive 8K video over SK Telecom’s ultra-low latency and ultra-wideband 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Samsung, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom partner for 5G
Jun 25, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Deutsche Telekom have agreed to establish a joint venture to develop 5G technologies, including a 5G repeater and a 5G in-building solution, as well as a Multipath UDP solution to manage access and MPEG Media Transport (MMT) technology for low latency media streaming
News categories: SK Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Park Jung-ho, Timotheus Höttges, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Korea
SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
Jun 18, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung Electronics, respectively, for joint research and development in advanced 5G and 6G mobile network technologies.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, 5G, Worldwide
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MnA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs