Digital TV News: SK Telecom
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Smart Home to be an $11.2 billion opportunity for telcos in 2022
Aug 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, communication service providers (CSPs) have been outperformed by aggressive competition and are now at a crucial stage: they must either accelerate their strategies in smart home or risk being relegated as marginal players.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom to unveil ‘360 VR Live’ at MWC 2017
Feb 20, 2017 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will unveil its '360 VR Live' 360-degree live broadcast platform at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. The platform produces UHD VR through differentiated stitching technology.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, MWC19, VR, Worldwide
5G could herald another wave of TV disruption
Feb 6, 2017 – TV and video delivery is likely to become a core capability of next generation 5G wireless services according to Strategy Analytics. Recent demonstrations have suggested that 5G will support 1Gbps data throughput rates.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Sue Rudd, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Humax Enters Residential Gateway Market
Jul 9, 2012 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that the company has become the largest shareholder of MMC Technology, a residential gateway provider. Humax hopes to use MMC Technology expertise to expand its presence in the U.S. residential gateway market.
News categories: Humax, MMC Technology, Gateway, IPTV, Korea, MnA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering