Digital TV News: SK Telecom
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Humax Enters Residential Gateway Market
Jul 9, 2012 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that the company has become the largest shareholder of MMC Technology, a residential gateway provider. Humax hopes to use MMC Technology expertise to expand its presence in the U.S. residential gateway market.
News categories: Humax, MMC Technology, Gateway, IPTV, Korea, MnA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
NDS Implements ARM Technology-Based Secure Mobile Environment with SK Planet in Korea
May 22, 2012 – NDS has announced the implementation of its VideoGuard Connect DRM for HD pay-TV on mobile devices using ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) TrustZone technology with SK Planet, a subsidiary of SK Telecom (NYSE : SKM), Korea's leading telecoms provider.
News categories: NDS Group, ARM, SK Planet, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video's share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Pay-TV services market hits $240 billion
May 16, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video markets.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
SK Telecom unveils 'Hoppin' VOD smartphone
Jan 24, 2011 – South Korea's largest mobile carrier SK Telecom has said that it will release a version of Samsung's Galaxy S smartphone that can also serve as a set-top box, playing content from its Hoppin video on demand service.
News categories: SK Telecom, Hoppin, IPTV, Korea, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
WiGig Alliance Announces Completion of its Multi"Gigabit Wireless Specification
Dec 10, 2009 – Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), the organization advancing the adoption and widespread use of 60 GHz wireless technology worldwide, has announced the completion of its unified wireless specification.
News categories: WiGig, Digital TV, Smart Home
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5