Digital TV News: SKY Television
Sky New Zealand doubles HDi PVR subscribers in 2009
Feb 18, 2010 – SKY Television (NZX: SKT) has released its interim report for the six months to 31 December 2009. At 31 December 2009, SKY had 144,148 MYSKY HDi subscribers compared to 70,384 in December 2008, an increase of 104.8%.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
New Zealand Sky PVR installations reach 100k in 2Q09
Aug 21, 2009 – New Zealand's SKY Television (NZX: SKT) has announced result for the year ended 30 June 2009. SKY's subscriber base grew by 30,326 (4.1%) subscribers over the previous year, to a new high of 778,902.
News categories: SKY Television, 5G, Cable TV, DVR, Mobile, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
New Zealand Sky Television Reports 2008 Interim Result
Feb 20, 2009 – New Zealand's SKY Television has reported a new all time high in subscriber numbers of 759,069 (as of 31 December 2008). This figure reflects a net gain of 10,493 additional subscribers for the six months ending 31 December 2008.
News categories: SKY Television, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SKY New Zealand Chooses XTV™ and EPG from NDS to Power New High Definition DVR
Jul 31, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that SKY Television, New Zealand's leading subscription television provider, selected NDS XTV™ DVR technology to power its new MYSKY HDi High Definition quad tuner DVR.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace plc Interim results for the half year ended 30 June 2008
Jul 28, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its interim results for the half year to 30 June 2008. Volume shipments were up 55% to 2.8m set-top boxes compared with 1.8m in the same six months of 2007.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
New Zealand - SKY Television Announces 2007 Annual Result
Aug 17, 2007 – SKY's subscriber base grew by 43,941 (6.6%) subscribers over the previous year, to a new high of 711,211. The subscriber base comprises 529,830 residential digital subscribers (74%), 53,679 residential UHF subscribers (8%), 113,961 wholesale subscribers (16%) and 13,741 (2%) commercial and other subscribers. SKY is now in 44.5% of New Zealand homes.
News categories: Sky Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0