Digital TV News: SMIT Holdings
CryptoGuard launches Cardless CAM with SMIT
Apr 9, 2019 – SMIT (HKEX: 02239) has announced that they have partnered with CryptoGuard to launch the first CryptoGuard Cardless CAM. Based on SMIT's secure chipset and embedding CI Plus 1.4 and ECP technology, the CAM enables 4K services with Cryptoguard protection.
News categories: CryptoGuard, SMIT Holdings, Kjell Carlswärd, Brenda Bai, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto secures MEDIA BROADCAST's portable USB pay TV device
Sep 2, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by MEDIA BROADCAST as the end-to-end security provider for its new USB device, which will enable live HD content to be viewed on PCs by German customers.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Richard Frankland, Kerstin Köder, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Peripherals / Accessories, Terrestrial
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv