Digital TV News: SMIT Holdings
CryptoGuard launches Cardless CAM with SMIT
Apr 9, 2019 – SMIT (HKEX: 02239) has announced that they have partnered with CryptoGuard to launch the first CryptoGuard Cardless CAM. Based on SMIT's secure chipset and embedding CI Plus 1.4 and ECP technology, the CAM enables 4K services with Cryptoguard protection.
News categories: CryptoGuard, SMIT Holdings, Kjell Carlswärd, Brenda Bai, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto secures MEDIA BROADCAST's portable USB pay TV device
Sep 2, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by MEDIA BROADCAST as the end-to-end security provider for its new USB device, which will enable live HD content to be viewed on PCs by German customers.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Richard Frankland, Kerstin Köder, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Peripherals / Accessories, Terrestrial
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory