Digital TV News: SMiT Corp
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT and Verimatrix present IPTV solution based on CI+ 1.4 at IBC 2014
Sep 13, 2014 – SMiT and Verimatrix has announced a joint demonstration at IBC 2014. The demonstration is based on the new features of CI+1.4 standard, with IP delivery and multi-streams features being leveraged to extend the IP stream routing.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, Yanrong Li, Petr Peterka, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT develops Dynamic Sentinel Cardless CAM with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 2, 2014 – SMiT has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) to launch a CAM fully integrated with VO's Dynamic Sentinel Cardless solution. SMiT is the first CAM provider to achieve VO certification for Dynamic Sentinel Cardless.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Viaccess-Orca, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Hongyu Shuai, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
Aug 20, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that the company’s Dynamic Sentinel cardless conditional access system (CAS) will be embedded in set-top boxes from Askey Computer and ASTON, as well as conditional access modules from SMiT.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Askey Computer, ASTON, SMiT Corp, Eric Lui, Stephane Nitenberg, Hongyu Shuai, François Moreau de Saint Martin, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SMiT achieves Verimatrix advanced CI+ security certification
Jun 17, 2014 – SMiT has announcedthat it has achieved Verimatrix certification for its avanced cardless CI+ CAM. SMiT is the first CAM manufacturer to achieve the advanced security level of Verimatrix.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, CAM, Digital TV, Russia, Smart TV
Samsung & SMIT launch IDTV+CAM with AVG in Vietnam
May 21, 2014 – An Vien Television (AVG), SMIT and Samsung have announced that they are cooperating to provide an IDTV+CAM solution for Vietnam. The solution consists of Samsung's IDTVs, AVG's HDTV programming and SMiT's CAM.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Samsung, An Vien, Tran Cong So, Brenda Bai, CAM, Smart TV, Vietnam
SMiT, iQIYI and TCL launch DVB+OTT 'Merged Television System'
Mar 18, 2014 – SMiT has announced the joint launch of a 'merged television system' with IQiYi and TCL that integrates internet videos and an interactive watching experience with live high-definition cable programs.
News categories: SMiT Corp, iQIYI, TCL, Hongyu Shuai, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
SMiT launches Irdeto CI+ 1.3 CAM for My-HD
Jan 9, 2014 – SMiT has announced the successful launch of the Irdeto CI + 1.3 Unified Client CAM to the MENA market, only on My-HD. The Unified Client CAM has been integrated with both Cloaked CA and Softcell.
News categories: SMiT Corp, My-HD, Irdeto, Cliff Nelson, Hongyu Shuai, CAM, Middle-East, Satellite
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023