Digital TV News: STARZ PLAY
STARZ PLAY Arabia raises $125 million in funding
Jul 11, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced that the service has raised a total of US$125 million since inception, including new 2017 commitments from investors Starz (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), SEQ Capital Partners and Delta Partners.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Starz, SSGA, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, Anandh Hari, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Venture Capital
OTT to transform TV viewing in the MENA region
May 3, 2017 – The boom in smartphone and internet penetration is transforming traditional TV viewership patterns in the MENA region as well as is attracting significant investment, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S Nath, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Middle East & Africa SVOD subscriptions to climb fivefold
Oct 5, 2016 – Although there have been many launches in the last couple of years and more to come, the Middle East & Africa SVOD sector will still be very immature with only 20 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
10 Arab countries now have IPTV services
Jul 4, 2016 – By May 2016, fourteen service providers in ten countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Arab Advisors Group's analysis revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Sony announces Android TV 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions
Feb 16, 2016 – Sony Electronics has announced a lineup of 4K HDR Ultra HD televisions, the XBR-X850D and the XBR-X930D/XBR-X940D series, with Sony picture enhancing technologies. All of the TVs feature Google’s Android TV operating system.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Sunil Nayyar, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
CenturyLink expands Prism TV around Minneapolis
Feb 1, 2016 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that it is offering a new TV service in portions of St. Paul and surrounding cities that will provide residential and business customers with a new alternative to cable and satellite services.
News categories: CenturyLink, Tyler Middleton, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Amazon intros 4K Ultra HD Fire TV STB and Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Sep 17, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has introduced the next generation of Fire TV -- the Amazon Fire TV with support for 4K Ultra HD, and the Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote. Amazon Fire TV is half the price of any other 4K Ultra HD streaming media player.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV