Digital TV News: Sears
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
EE to provide virtual reality experience at Glastonbury festival
Jun 24, 2016 – EE has announced that it is capturing Virtual Reality content of the event live on site. Using the latest 360° camera technology, EE will celebrate the UK’s most iconic music festival by offering those that can’t attend a unique, immersive experience of the festival through VR.
News categories: EE, Mat Sears, Digital TV, VR
Polaroid launches ATSC-capable tablets in Mexico
Jun 11, 2014 – Polaroid is providing consumers in Mexico a new way to watch TV on-the-go with their new tablet line. The line marks the first tablets to feature ATSC receivers able to receive digital or HD TV in Mexico.
News categories: Polaroid, One Diamond, Scott W. Hardy, ATSC, Digital TV, Mexico, Tablet, Terrestrial
Samsung Launches 3D On Demand Streaming Service in the U.S.
May 24, 2011 – Samsung Electronics America has announced a new way for consumers to access 3D content for their TVs. The 'Explore 3D' app, accessible from Samsung's SmartHub interface, offers access to dozens of pieces of free 3D content - all in HD.
News categories: Samsung, OTT, Smart TV, USA, VR
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sears Chooses Sonic Solutions to Deliver Movie Downloads
Jun 22, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has entered into an agreement with Sears (Nasdaq: SHLD) to provide consumers easy access to Hollywood entertainment on a range of internet-connected devices including TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, and mobile phones.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Commerce's NTIA Certifies More Than 250 Retailers and 19 Converter Box Models for TV Converter Box Coupon Program
Jan 7, 2008 – The U. S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) has announced that more than 250 retailers, representing more than 15,000 outlets nationwide, are certified to participate in a program to aid in the transition to digital television.
News categories: National Telecommunications and Information Administration, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform