Digital TV News: Seiki
Seiki, Westinghouse and Element Electronics introduce Amazon Fire Smart TVs
Jan 3, 2017 – Seiki, Westinghouse Electronics and Element Electronics have announced at CES 2017 a line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: Seiki, Amazon, Element Electronics, Westinghouse, Sung Choi, Marc Whitten, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices