Digital TV News: Selevision
Eutelsat 7/8°W reaching over 56 million TV homes in the MENA region
Nov 14, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented the results of a survey on TV trends across the Middle East and North Africa. Satellite TV reception in the MENA region has continued to increase its market-share and now reaches into 59 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Selevision chooses Voddler Group to optimise OTT Q-of-E
Jan 17, 2017 – Voddler Group has been selected by Selevision to optimise the subscriber’s streaming experience. Selevision provides broadcast and online channels direct to consumers under several brands from its bases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
News categories: Voddler, Selevision, Adam Lewis, Dr Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Verimatrix secures Selevision entertainment service
Mar 1, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Selevision has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid to provide revenue security for its Seevii OTT/IPTV entertainment service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Selevision, Steve Oetegenn, Ammar Al Hares, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UAE
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, OTT, Saudi Arabia
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, OTT, Satellite, Spain, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Selevision Chooses Irdeto to Bring Interactive TV to the Middle East
Mar 8, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that middleware and interactive TV technology provider Selevision has selected Irdeto's middleware solution and conditional access system (CAS) for its new High Definition Personal Video Recorders (HD PVRs).
News categories: Irdeto, Selevision, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet