Digital TV News: Seven
Yospace and Seven extend partnership to include SSAI in live OTT
May 30, 2019 – Yospace has announced the extension of its partnership with Seven, Australia’s leading commercial TV network, enabling SSAI into live OTT channels. In the past, Yospace’s SSAI technology has been used to create addressable ad spots during some of Seven’s largest live events.
News categories: Yospace, Seven, Tim Sewell, Darren Kerry, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
May 16, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies (ARRIS, Irdeto, DATV, Enensys, Fluendo, Samba TV and SmarDTV) have joined the industry association in the past six months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Xandr addressable TV gains new reach and frequency capabilities
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has enhanced its addressable TV solutions to include new reach and frequency capabilities, expanded cross-screen addressability, and enabled broader access to video on-demand inventory.
News categories: Xandr, Rick Welday, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Vodafone 5G goes live in the UK in July
May 14, 2019 – Vodafone will switch on its 5G network for both consumers and business customers in seven cities across the UK on 3 July 2019. In a worldwide first, Vodafone will also offer 5G roaming in the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain over the summer.
News categories: Vodafone, Nick Jeffery, 5G, Mobile, UK
Sunrise TV neo OTT service launched in Switzerland
May 9, 2019 – Sunrise has launched Sunrise TV neo. The service is accessible using apps for Apple TV, iOS and Android devices, as well as via a web browser. Sunrise TV neo offers TV streaming, cloud recordings, ComeBack TV, and a download feature for mobile devices.
News categories: Sunrise, Olaf Swantee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Altice USA to acquire Cheddar
Apr 30, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Cheddar, the digital-first news company, for $200 million. The transaction is expected to close in the next two months upon receipt of regulatory approval.
News categories: Altice USA, Cheddar, Dexter Goei, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Stoneroos provides mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands
Apr 29, 2019 – Stoneroos has announced that it has developed a mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands, available for iOS and Android devices. The app is another step towards DELTA offering its customers an integrated TV experience across all platforms.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber Netherlands, Annelies Kaptein, Timmy Langeveld, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, TV Everywhere
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019