Digital TV News: Shanghai Telecom
Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
Dec 13, 2018 – Androidmov Technology has unveiled its next generation IPTV desktop, which is now put into use, in Chengdu. It shows that the company's full-stack front-end desktop system, based on clouding design and a mixed structure of smart EPG+H5, is mature.
News categories: Androidmov, Dai Cong, Chen Yijun, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
FiberHome Selects Celeno to Support Shanghai Telecom with Wireless HD IPTV
Jul 27, 2010 – Celeno Communications has announced that FiberHome has selected Celeno's CL1800 high performance Wi-Fi system-on-a-chip (SoC) to enable its HG500 and HG230 optical network gateways with carrier-grade Wi-Fi for IPTV streaming.
News categories: Celeno, FiberHome, China, Gateway, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Envivio Three Screens Solution Key to Delivering 3G Mobile TV Across China
Mar 22, 2010 – Envivio has announced that its Three Screens solution based on the 4Caster™ C4 encoding system has been used to launch four new 3G-based Mobile TV implementations across China.
News categories: Envivio, 5G, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, Mobile
Shanghai Telecom IPTV subscribers reach 1 million
Dec 2, 2009 – The IPTV subscriber base of Shanghai Telecom (NYSE: CHA; Hong Kong:0728) has broken through the one million mark. The service was officially launched in October 2006.
News categories: Shanghai Telecom, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
Icareus games for Shanghai Telecom IPTV customers
Sep 30, 2009 – Icareus has signed a cooperation agreement with Shanghai Telecom. According to the contract, signed in September, Icareus Studios Ltd will offer IPTV games to Shanghai Telecom to be offered to their IPTV customers.
News categories: Shanghai Telecom, Icareus, China, IPTV, Middleware, Subscribers
Shanghai has 800,000 IPTV subscribers
May 12, 2009 – Statistics from Shanghai Telecom and Shanghai-based cable TV operator Oriental Cable Network (OCN) show that through the end of 2008 Shanghai had almost 800,000 IPTV subscribers and nearly 600,000 cable DTV subscribers.
News categories: Shanghai Telecom, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Subscribers
CCID Consulting Provides a Review and Forecast of China's IPTV Market
Jan 5, 2009 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong: 08235), recently released its article on China's IPTV market. In 2008, with China Telecom's vigorous promotion, China's number of IPTV subscribers grew rapidly, up 100% year-on-year.
News categories: CCID Consulting, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
ZTE, UTStarcom and Huawei Win Shanghai IPTV Deal
Nov 25, 2008 – ZTE (Hong Kong: 0763; Shanghai: 000063), UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) and Huawei have won the bidding to expand Shanghai Telecom's IPTV network.
News categories: Shanghai Telecom, ZTE, UTStarcom, Huawei, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites