Digital TV News: SiBEAM
Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM
Apr 14, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SiBEAM. SiBEAM is the leading provider of high-speed wireless communication products for uncompressed HD video in CE and PC applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, SiBEAM, Home Networking, M&A, Semiconductor, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES, Home Networking, Multiscreen, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Wireless, WirelessHD
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Home Networking, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
Wireless HD Video-Enabled Product Shipments to Reach 13 Million by 2014
Jul 27, 2010 – Although slow progress best describes the fate of wireless HD chip vendors in 2010, the five-year outlook is for a robust triple-digit growth rate of wireless HD video-enabled products through 2014 according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Multiscreen, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Receives Equity Investment from Best Buy
Jan 5, 2010 – SiBEAM has announced that it has received an equity investment from Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) one of the world's largest retailers of consumer electronics.
News categories: SiBEAM, Best Buy, Semiconductor, Venture Capital, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Partners With VIZIO to Develop Wireless Solutions Using The WirelessHD Standard
Jan 4, 2010 – VIZIO has announced that it has chosen to add WirelessHD technology and SiBEAM 60 GHz chipsets, based on the globally available WirelessHD standard, for a new line of LCD HDTVs and wireless HDMI adapters.
News categories: SiBEAM, VIZIO, CES, Digital TV, Home Networking, LCD TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Second Generation Chipsets Accelerate WirelessHD Market Adoption
Oct 5, 2009 – SiBEAM has unveiled its second generation 60GHz chipsets based on the WirelessHD® specification at CEATEC Japan. The new chipsets serve to boost and simplify CE manufacturer accessibility and WirelessHD product development.
News categories: SiBEAM, CEATEC, Home Networking, ICs, Semiconductor, WirelessHD
SiBEAM, Inc. Delivers High-Performance WirelessHD™ Chipsets Into Production and Touts Audio/Video and Data Capabilities
Jan 7, 2009 – SiBEAM has announced that its WirelessHD™ chipsets have entered volume production. SiBEAM has provided samples to customers since the first quarter of 2008 and is now preparing to expand partners' product development activity.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES, Semiconductor, WirelessHD
Wireless HDTV Vendors Back Their Choices with Cash, but Few Products Are Market-Ready in North America
Dec 12, 2008 – Although consumer electronics vendors continue to line up behind the two proposed standards for wireless high definition television connectivity most retailers shelves have yet to see any products.
News categories: ABI Research, WHDI Special Interest Group, WirelessHD, Home Networking, Market Research, Semiconductor, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
- HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
- Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
- TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
- Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
- Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
- VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week