Digital TV News: SiBEAM
Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM
Apr 14, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SiBEAM. SiBEAM is the leading provider of high-speed wireless communication products for uncompressed HD video in CE and PC applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, SiBEAM, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2017, Multiscreen, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Wireless, WirelessHD
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
Wireless HD Video-Enabled Product Shipments to Reach 13 Million by 2014
Jul 27, 2010 – Although slow progress best describes the fate of wireless HD chip vendors in 2010, the five-year outlook is for a robust triple-digit growth rate of wireless HD video-enabled products through 2014 according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Multiscreen, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Receives Equity Investment from Best Buy
Jan 5, 2010 – SiBEAM has announced that it has received an equity investment from Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) one of the world's largest retailers of consumer electronics.
News categories: SiBEAM, Best Buy, Semiconductor, Venture Capital, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Partners With VIZIO to Develop Wireless Solutions Using The WirelessHD Standard
Jan 4, 2010 – VIZIO has announced that it has chosen to add WirelessHD technology and SiBEAM 60 GHz chipsets, based on the globally available WirelessHD standard, for a new line of LCD HDTVs and wireless HDMI adapters.
News categories: SiBEAM, VIZIO, CES2017, Digital TV, LCD TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Wireless, WirelessHD
SiBEAM Second Generation Chipsets Accelerate WirelessHD Market Adoption
Oct 5, 2009 – SiBEAM has unveiled its second generation 60GHz chipsets based on the WirelessHD® specification at CEATEC Japan. The new chipsets serve to boost and simplify CE manufacturer accessibility and WirelessHD product development.
News categories: SiBEAM, CEATEC, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, WirelessHD
SiBEAM, Inc. Delivers High-Performance WirelessHD™ Chipsets Into Production and Touts Audio/Video and Data Capabilities
Jan 7, 2009 – SiBEAM has announced that its WirelessHD™ chipsets have entered volume production. SiBEAM has provided samples to customers since the first quarter of 2008 and is now preparing to expand partners' product development activity.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2017, Semiconductor, WirelessHD
Wireless HDTV Vendors Back Their Choices with Cash, but Few Products Are Market-Ready in North America
Dec 12, 2008 – Although consumer electronics vendors continue to line up behind the two proposed standards for wireless high definition television connectivity most retailers shelves have yet to see any products.
News categories: ABI Research, WHDI Special Interest Group, WirelessHD, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, WHDI™, Wireless, WirelessHD
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Google dominates VR headset shipments
- LG webOS 3.5 first Smart TV with UL cybersecurity certification
- Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
- KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
- Indonesia's SuperSoccer selects Harmonic for live football streaming
- Australian sales of VR headsets exceed 200,000 units in 2016
- Ericsson and Vodafone study user reactions to broadband delays
- Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
- Anyka Micro selects Allegro DVT multi-format video encoder IP