Digital TV News: Siminn
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
Iceland's Síminn announces OTT multiscreen service with Broadpeak CDN and streaming
Sep 24, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications provider Síminn has chosen Broadpeak solutions to power a new OTT multiscreen service offering. The new OTT multiscreen service is expected to launch later this year.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 – AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Iceland's Síminn selects Alcatel-Lucent as GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier
Oct 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Síminn, Iceland's market leader in telecommunication, as its GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier. Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable Síminn to deliver advanced broadband services such as high-definition television (HDTV), IPTV, video on demand (VoD) and high-speed Internet.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Síminn, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Iceland, IPTV
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019