Digital TV News: Simplestream
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
Simplestream launches its first 4K SVOD service with Blue Ant Media
Apr 4, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Blue Ant Media to power its wildlife and nature 4K SVOD service, Love Nature 4K. It will be the first 4K video service designed, built and launched by Simplestream.
News categories: Simplestream, Blue Ant Media, Dan Finch, Greg Kampanis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Simplestream integrates BARB audience measurement for the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that it has integrated BARB’s Dovetail audience measurement across its delivery platforms. This enables participating broadcasters and operators to more accurately measure reach across multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, BARB, Dan Finch, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Simplestream partners with NPAW for OTT data analytics
May 10, 2018 – NPAW (NICE PEOPLE AT WORK) and Simplestream have announced that Simplestream has chosen NPAW as its data analytics technology provider for its VOD-in-a-Box service and its bespoke OTT projects.
News categories: Simplestream, NPAW, Lewis Arthur, Victor Carbonell, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
HistoryHit.TV uses Simplestream VOD-in-a-Box for history SVOD service
Mar 6, 2018 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Hit Networks to build on-demand streaming service HistoryHit.TV. HistoryHit.TV is a global SVOD channel that provides programming for history buffs.
News categories: Simplestream, History Hit, Dan Finch, Tom Clifford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Simplestream receives £500,000 of additional financing
Oct 5, 2017 – Simplestream has received a £500,000 finance package from Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank to assist with further investment and international expansion. The funding will allow Simplestream to increase sales and development to enhance its international capacity.
News categories: Simplestream, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, Adam Smith, Christopher Kennedy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Mobile, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream’s Cloud TV platform powers TracePlay
Mar 28, 2017 – Simplestream has announced that its Cloud TV solution has been chosen by MTG-owned Trace, the urban music and entertainment global media group, to power its SVOD, live TV and radio offering TracePlay.
News categories: Simplestream, Trace, Dan Finch, Olivier Laouchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025