Digital TV News: Simplestream
Simplestream launches its first 4K SVOD service with Blue Ant Media
Apr 4, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Blue Ant Media to power its wildlife and nature 4K SVOD service, Love Nature 4K. It will be the first 4K video service designed, built and launched by Simplestream.
News categories: Simplestream, Blue Ant Media, Dan Finch, Greg Kampanis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Simplestream integrates BARB audience measurement for the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that it has integrated BARB’s Dovetail audience measurement across its delivery platforms. This enables participating broadcasters and operators to more accurately measure reach across multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, BARB, Dan Finch, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Simplestream delivers multiscreen upgrade for Law&Crime Network
Feb 25, 2019 – Law&Crime has turned to Simplestream to enhance the content delivery capabilities of its multiscreen service to better cater to providers and engage with new audiences. The partnership follows a recent expansion of Law&Crime across several new OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Simplestream, Law&Crime, Dan Finch, Juan Miguel Bassalik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Simplestream partners with NPAW for OTT data analytics
May 10, 2018 – NPAW (NICE PEOPLE AT WORK) and Simplestream have announced that Simplestream has chosen NPAW as its data analytics technology provider for its VOD-in-a-Box service and its bespoke OTT projects.
News categories: Simplestream, NPAW, Lewis Arthur, Victor Carbonell, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
HistoryHit.TV uses Simplestream VOD-in-a-Box for history SVOD service
Mar 6, 2018 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Hit Networks to build on-demand streaming service HistoryHit.TV. HistoryHit.TV is a global SVOD channel that provides programming for history buffs.
News categories: Simplestream, History Hit, Dan Finch, Tom Clifford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Simplestream receives £500,000 of additional financing
Oct 5, 2017 – Simplestream has received a £500,000 finance package from Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank to assist with further investment and international expansion. The funding will allow Simplestream to increase sales and development to enhance its international capacity.
News categories: Simplestream, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, Adam Smith, Christopher Kennedy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Mobile, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream’s Cloud TV platform powers TracePlay
Mar 28, 2017 – Simplestream has announced that its Cloud TV solution has been chosen by MTG-owned Trace, the urban music and entertainment global media group, to power its SVOD, live TV and radio offering TracePlay.
News categories: Simplestream, Trace, Dan Finch, Olivier Laouchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
UK's TVPlayer completes £5M investment round
Oct 3, 2016 – TVPlayer has completed a £5m investment round led by media content company, A+E Networks. TVPlayer is a freemium over-the-top TV service in the UK which offers the country’s free to air channels together with a pay TV bundle.
News categories: TVPlayer, A+E Networks, Adam Smith, Lewis Arthur, Dan Finch, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK, Venture Capital
Complete Solution for streamed content available to Freeview and Freesat consumers
Aug 31, 2012 – Synapse TV brings together SimpleStream, S&T and Vision21 (V21) to deliver a one-stop solution to integrate over the top internet video into digital broadcasting systems.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, SimpleStream, Vision21, IBC2019, MHEG-5, OTT, UK
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report