Digital TV News: Singtel
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
Apr 27, 2017 – Malaysian OTT content player, Media Prima Television Networks (MPTN), has inked a strategic marketing partnership agreement with Singtel to bring its popular OTT streaming service, tonton, to Singapore.
News categories: Media Prima, Singtel, Datuk Kamal Khalid, Goh Seow Eng, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Singtel launches OTT video portal app
Jul 7, 2016 – Singtel has announced a way for consumers to enjoy their entertainment on-the-go with the launch of Cast, Singapore’s first OTT video portal app. Cast will offer thousands of hours of content from partners delivered over Singtel’s 4G network.
News categories: Singtel, Goh Seow Eng, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Singapore
Asia Pacific OTT TV & video revenues to triple
May 18, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues for the Asia Pacific region will reach $18,396 million in 2021; up from $707 million in 2010 and $5,741 million in 2015, according to Digital TV Research. China will overtake Japan in 2016 to become market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?