Digital TV News: Sistema
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MnA, Nicaragua, Panama
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
DIRECTV leads Ecuador's pay TV market in 2Q 2014
Aug 19, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the top 10 pay TV operators in the country to the end of June 2014. DIRECTV's satellite service had the largest subscriber share at 35%.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
MTS sole bidder for DTH on ABS-2 over Russia
Jul 14, 2014 – Russia's ROSKOMNADZOR has said that it has received only one application to run a DTH television service on ABS-2. The single bidder was Sistema. According to RBC Daily, the service will be operated by MTS, a company controlled by Sistema.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Sistema, ROSKOMNADZOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Russia, Satellite
Amper wins Telefónica Latin America STB contract
Nov 18, 2013 – Amper Group, through its subsidiary Amper Sistemas, has announced that it has been awarded a contract by Telefónica to supply set-top boxes for its services in Latin America.
News categories: Amper Group, Telefónica, Digital TV, Latin America, Peru, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sistema finishes 2012 with 7.5 million Stream-TV subscribers
Apr 16, 2013 – Sistema JSFC (LSE: SSA) has announced its results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. The company's Stream-TV subscriber base increased by 21.0% in 2012 to 7.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Sistema Mass Media, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Idea! Electronic Systems Selects Mixed-Signal IP from S3 Group for Digital TV ASIC
Aug 29, 2011 – S3 Group has announced that Idea! Electronic Systems has licensed its mixed-signal IP for their Digital TV ASIC. Idea! Electronic Systems is an engineering design-house specialized in electronic design for the telecommunication industry.
News categories: S3 Group, Idea! Electronic Systems, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SBTVD Forum signs promotion agreement with South Africa's NAMEC
Sep 29, 2010 – The SBTVD Forum has signed an MOU with NAMEC promising to provide technical training to South African companies should Brazil's version of ISDB-T be adopted in South Africa, in return for NAMEC promoting the standard.
News categories: SBTVD Forum, NAMEC, ISDB-T, SBTVD, South Africa, Terrestrial
Marvell Acquires DS2 Technology
Aug 19, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that it has acquired the intellectual property and assets of Diseno de Sistemas en Silicio S.A. ("DS2"), a supplier of high speed semiconductor solutions for powerline communications.
News categories: Marvell, DS2, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA