Digital TV News: Sky Group
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC 3.0, Content Identification, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
185 million pay TV subscribers for Europe in Q1 2018
Jun 26, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the European pay TV market reached 185 million subscribers during the first quarter of 2018 and grew only by 0.3% compared to Q4 2017. This is the lowest net add ever observed by Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV