Digital TV News: Sky New Zealand
New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
Oct 13, 2019 – New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Sky have announced a broadcast agreement which extends Sky’s existing SANZAAR broadcast rights to 2025. The agreement includes NZR becoming a 5% shareholder in Sky.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, New Zealand Rugby, Martin Stewart, Steve Tew, MnA, New Zealand, Satellite
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RSCC Picks Irdeto to Protect New Direct-to-Operator Satellite Services
Jan 31, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has selected Irdeto as a main provider of media protection solutions to secure the content of the commercial TV channels distributed via RSCC satellites.
News categories: Irdeto, RSCC, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
SKY New Zealand Chooses XTV™ and EPG from NDS to Power New High Definition DVR
Jul 31, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that SKY Television, New Zealand's leading subscription television provider, selected NDS XTV™ DVR technology to power its new MYSKY HDi High Definition quad tuner DVR.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky New Zealand, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace Micro Technology plc results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – Pace Micro Technology has announced its audited financial results for the seven month period ended 31 December 2007. Total set-top box shipments in the period were 2.4 million (North America 0.9m; EMEA 1.3m and APAC 0.2m).
News categories: Pace Micro, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace Micro Technology plc results for the full year ended 2 June 2007
Jul 24, 2007 – Pace Micro Technology (LSE: PIC) has announced its audited financial results for the full year ended 2 June 2007. Volume shipments increased by 77% to 3.9m set-top boxes (2006: 2.2m)
News categories: Pace Micro Technology, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, North America, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware