Digital TV News: Sky Sports
Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
Jul 15, 2019 – Dalet has signed an agreement to acquire the Ooyala Flex Media Platform business. Ooyala Flex Media Platform is a subscription/SaaS offering that provides a solution for servicing OTT and digital media distribution workflows.
News categories: Dalet, Ooyala, David Lasry, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
Apr 24, 2019 – TalkTalk TV has announced that customers can now stream Prime Video via the TalkTalk TV set top box. TalkTalk TV’s launch with Amazon is the latest step in its commitment to providing customers with a seamless viewing experience.
News categories: TalkTalk, Prime Video, Will Ennett, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
Jan 14, 2019 – Endeavor has announced the formation of Endeavor Streaming, encompassing the company's video streaming products and services. NeuLion, acquired by Endeavor in 2018, will be absorbed within the new group alongside Endeavor's internally developed video platform technology.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, WWE, Nick Wilson, Will Staeger, Vince McMahon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
Oct 16, 2018 – Ooyala and Telstra have announced the completion of the management buyout of Ooyala. Building on the success of Ooyala under the current management team the transaction provides the foundation for the next phase of growth for Ooyala.
News categories: Ooyala, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Netflix now on NOW TV streaming devices
Sep 26, 2018 – The Netflix app has launched on NOW TV streaming devices. As well as adding Netflix to the wide range of apps already available, NOW TV has also revealed the launch of its most powerful ever streaming device – the NOW TV Smart Box with 4K and Voice Search.
News categories: NOW TV, Netflix, Gidon Katz, Digital TV
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Amazon Prime Video now available on BT TV set top boxes
Jun 21, 2018 – BT has announced that it has become the first major UK pay-TV provider to offer Amazon Prime Video access via a set top box – giving customers the ability to access Prime Video’s TV and movie content at the push of a button.
News categories: BT TV, Prime Video, Tony Singh, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019