Digital TV News: Sky
Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
May 23, 2019 – One year after the launch of Sky Q by Sky Deutschland, the company has added a Sky Q Mini Box for multiroom viewing and expanded platform support for the Sky Q app, so that customers can enjoy their Sky programming on even more devices at home.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Julia Laukemann, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
Xandr addressable TV gains new reach and frequency capabilities
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has enhanced its addressable TV solutions to include new reach and frequency capabilities, expanded cross-screen addressability, and enabled broader access to video on-demand inventory.
News categories: Xandr, Rick Welday, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Sky participates in You.i TV Series C funding round
May 9, 2019 – Sky has invested in You.i TV. The investment is part of the larger You.i TV Series C funding announced in November 2018, and displays Sky’s commitment to backing innovative companies that help connect consumers to content they want to watch.
News categories: You.i TV, NOW TV, Sky, Jason Flick, David Beazley, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
Top three China panel suppliers' combined market share exceeds 40% in Q1
May 6, 2019 – According to WitsView, total TV panel shipments in 1Q 2019 reached 70.02 million units, up 4.2% YoY. As Taiwan, Korean and Japanese manufacturers undergo annual maintenance and ease production pressures by adjusting product sizes, China's panel manufacturers take the lead.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sky adopts NBCUniversal's CFlight for ad measurement
May 1, 2019 – Sky and NBCUniversal have announced the global expansion of CFlight, with Sky adopting the metric across all of Sky Media’s content and platforms. CFlight captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Kavita Vazirani, John Litster, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, UK
Hulu U.S. customer base passes 28 million
May 1, 2019 – At 'Hulu '19 Presentation', Hulu revealed continued rapid growth, new original programming and talent deals that expand its content offering, as well as brand initiatives, advertising products and UX enhancements that bolster its goal of becoming the #1 choice for TV.
News categories: Hulu, Randy Freer, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?