Digital TV News: SkyCable
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Philippines' Sky Cable adds PPV to online offering
Jul 22, 2016 – Sky Cable is now offering access to pay-per-view offerings online via SKY On Demand, as it also launches premium services on SKYcable and SKYbroadband to give digital-savvy Filipino families a unique experience in the digital evolution.
News categories: Sky Cable, Jerome Almirante, Alan Supnet, Cable TV, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
SKYCABLE deploys Squadeo video player and Verimatrix PC security in the Philippines
Jun 1, 2016 – Squadeo has announced that Filipino cable TV company SKYCABLE is deploying Squadeo’s video player, integrated with the Verimatrix security client, for its online streaming service, Sky On-Demand.
News categories: Squadeo, Verimatrix, SKYCABLE, Benoit Brieussel, Petr Peterka, Joevel Rivera, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Sky Cable to launch DTH TV in the Philippines on SES satellites
May 24, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with Sky Cable, the largest cable television provider in the Philippines. Sky Cable will be broadcasting DTH satellite TV channels via SES satellites SES-9 and NSS-11.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Cable, Deepak Mathur, Antonio S Ventosa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
Feb 4, 2016 – SKY subscribers in the Philippines can now watch and stream TV shows and movies from cable TV or online anytime, anywhere and on any screen, using Sky on Demand - SKY Cable's newest service – powered by the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, SKY Cable, Lito Tayag, Jerome Almirante, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
ABS-CBN plans satellite TV in the Philippines
May 26, 2015 – According to InterAksyon.com, ABS-CBN is planning to offer a satellite television service for the Philippines through its subsidiary SkyCable.
News categories: ABS-CBN, SkyCable, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019