Digital TV News: SkyCable
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Philippines' Sky Cable adds PPV to online offering
Jul 22, 2016 – Sky Cable is now offering access to pay-per-view offerings online via SKY On Demand, as it also launches premium services on SKYcable and SKYbroadband to give digital-savvy Filipino families a unique experience in the digital evolution.
News categories: Sky Cable, Jerome Almirante, Alan Supnet, Cable TV, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
SKYCABLE deploys Squadeo video player and Verimatrix PC security in the Philippines
Jun 1, 2016 – Squadeo has announced that Filipino cable TV company SKYCABLE is deploying Squadeo’s video player, integrated with the Verimatrix security client, for its online streaming service, Sky On-Demand.
News categories: Squadeo, Verimatrix, SKYCABLE, Benoit Brieussel, Petr Peterka, Joevel Rivera, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Sky Cable to launch DTH TV in the Philippines on SES satellites
May 24, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with Sky Cable, the largest cable television provider in the Philippines. Sky Cable will be broadcasting DTH satellite TV channels via SES satellites SES-9 and NSS-11.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Cable, Deepak Mathur, Antonio S Ventosa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
Feb 4, 2016 – SKY subscribers in the Philippines can now watch and stream TV shows and movies from cable TV or online anytime, anywhere and on any screen, using Sky on Demand - SKY Cable's newest service – powered by the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, SKY Cable, Lito Tayag, Jerome Almirante, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
ABS-CBN plans satellite TV in the Philippines
May 26, 2015 – According to InterAksyon.com, ABS-CBN is planning to offer a satellite television service for the Philippines through its subsidiary SkyCable.
News categories: ABS-CBN, SkyCable, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024