Digital TV News: Skyworth
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
China TV brands shrug off headwinds in 1Q, says WitsView
May 27, 2019 – According to WitsView, shipments of TV brands worldwide were 49.87 million units in 1Q19, a QoQ slide of 24.6% and a YoY bump of 0.5%. First and second place in the rankings were Korean brands, while China brands filled up third to sixth.
News categories: TrendForce, WitsView, Jeff Yang, China, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SKYWORTH brings the smart home to the big-screen
Mar 30, 2019 – SKYWORTH has announced a strategy to drive Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) to the big-screen and revolutionize smart home technology. SKYWORTH's AIoT ecosystem combines its Swaiot device interaction system and Q80 series TVs.
News categories: SKYWORTH, Tony Wang, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth and SURE Universal collaborate on IoT and voice assistance
Mar 26, 2019 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced an R&D collaboration working to develop IoT and voice assistant capabilities. Once a proof of concept has been completed, the technologies will be applied to Skyworth's set-top box products.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Steve Long, Dr. Viktor Ariel, China, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
SKYWORTH TV ranked 1st in China market for first two months of 2019
Mar 25, 2019 – According to an Aowei Cloud Network report on China's colour TV Market, SKYWORTH's retail sales amounted to 1.35 million units in the first two months of 2019, making it the best-seller in China among both domestic and international TV brands.
News categories: Skyworth, Tony Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
XMOS helps Skyworth create a voice-enabled, always-on AI TV
Oct 29, 2018 – Skyworth has joined forces with XMOS to develop the AI voice chip and remove the requirement for a TV remote control. The AI TV voice chip, based on an XMOS voice processor, delivers sound-source identification from up to 5 meters.
News categories: XMOS, Skyworth, Yu Jianwei, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2020, India, Set Top Box
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020