Digital TV News: Sling Media
Sling Media launches new 'TV Anywhere' solutions
Jul 16, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the Slingbox M1 and SlingTV. Both products deliver a customer's pay TV channels and programs from the living room to mobile devices in up to HD quality with no restrictions.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, USA
Nagra DRM approved by DTLA for home network streaming
Apr 28, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), was approved by the DTLA for the retransmission (streaming) of premium DTCP-IP content.
News categories: NAGRA, DTLA, Philippe Stransky, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, DRM, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Michael Hawkey, Ed Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Slingbox 350 now available in the UK and Nordic countries
Sep 27, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) is launching the Slingbox 350 in the UK and Europe, and it will be available to customers through leading online and high-street retailers beginning Friday 27th September.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Placeshifting, Sweden, UK
ARRIS teams with Sling Media to introduce multiscreen media streamer
Sep 9, 2013 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Sling Media (Nasdaq: SATS) are introducing a media streaming device that empowers service providers to offer live (up to 4 simultaneous HD channels) and recorded content for a comprehensive multiscreen experience for their subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Sling Media, Digital TV, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere
ViXS™ XCode® Media Processor Selected for Redesigned Slingbox® Products
Nov 6, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode 4210 and the XCode 4112 media processor SoCs have been selected to power the new Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350 products from Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS).
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, TV Everywhere
ViXS announces network multimedia SoC with HEVC integrated
Sep 7, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a family of network multimedia systems-on-chip. The XCode 6210 is designed for media gateways. The XCode 6308 is designed for media streaming gateways. The XCode 6410 integrates HEVC and supports up to 4096 x 2160 (4Kx2K) resolution.
News categories: Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
EchoStar Debuts at ANGACable 2012 with Connected Device Solutions
Jun 7, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) will showcase a variety of connected device solutions at ANGACable 2012. Advanced solutions for pay TV operators will be featured alongside EchoStar's rapidly expanding retail product range.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Sling Media Ports SlingLoaded™ Technology to ViXS® XCode® Network Media Processors
Jan 9, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has ported its Slingbox technology to the ViXS XCode network media processor. This partnership makes the Slingbox Software Development Kit (SbSDK) available on XCode media processors.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Digital TV, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5