Digital TV News: Smart Com
iWedia Teatro-3.5 Android TV software available on Askey UHD STBs
Sep 14, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV Set-Top Boxes (STB) is available for the latest UHD STB from Askey Computer. A pure IP STB, the Askey STI6080 is based on Amlogic's S912 chipset.
News categories: iWedia, Askey, Nikola Teslić, Thomas Ho, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Inspur and Ericsson sign MoU for Cloud, Media and IoT cooperation
Jul 13, 2016 – Inspur and Ericsson have announced that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). With this new agreement, the two companies will expand their collaboration into new business areas such as cloud infrastructure, TV and media, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
News categories: Inspur, Ericsson, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Dial Telecom launches KUKI TV for its fibre customers in the Czech Republic
Mar 6, 2015 – Dial Telecom has launched KUKI TV for its fibre customers in the Czech Republic. The IPTV service can be viewed either on a television via an HD set-top box or on up to four mobile devices.
News categories: Dial Telecom, SMART Comp, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
Oct 28, 2014 – ARM (LSE:ARM; NASDAQ:ARMH) has announced a suite of integrated media IP designed to deliver rich visual content. The IP suite is comprised of the Mali-V550 video accelerator, the Mali-DP550 display processor and the Mali-T800 GPU family.
News categories: ARM, Mark Dickinson, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Philippines' Smart mobile adds Blink VOD access
Sep 1, 2014 – Subscribers of Smart and Sun Cellular in the Philippines now have access to Hollywood blockbusters and episodes of their favourite TV series using their cellphone through Blink, the country’s largest video-on-demand streaming service.
News categories: Smart Communications, Blink, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Smartphone, Tablet
IN Media Launches Android 2.2 IPTV Set Top Box
Mar 8, 2011 – IN Media (Pink Sheets: IMDC) has announced the latest release of its IPTV Set Top Box running Google's Android platform version 2.2.
News categories: IN Media Corp, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
BH Telecom Powers On-Demand Video Services Using Espial MediaBase
Mar 23, 2010 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that BH Telecom has successfully launched video-on-demand services using Espial MediaBase. BH Telecom is the largest quad-play service provider in Bosnia & Herzegovina with 2 million subscribers.
News categories: Espial, BH Telecom, Smart Com, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
SMART launches internet-on-TV box in the Philippines
Feb 23, 2010 – Smart Broadband of the Philippines has launched Smart Bro SurfTV. Smart Bro SurfTV is a device that connects to a television set to provide Internet access using Smart Bro's nationwide coverage.
News categories: Smart Communications, Broadband, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform