Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV Association releases free-to-use DASH DRM Reference Application
Jul 13, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of its DASH DRM Reference Application. The DASH DRM Reference Application provides a model that makes it easier to deploy services that require HbbTV together with DRM and DASH.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sofia Digital makes possible Smart TV app for Malaysia's tonton
Jun 7, 2018 – A Smart TV app for Malaysian OTT service provider tonton has been developed by Sofia Digital. The company delivered a turnkey service which included development, integration, and certification of each TV-vendor Appstore submission process.
News categories: Sofia Digital, tonton, Mika Kanerva, Airin Zainu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Smart TV
Sofia Digital implements reference video streaming app for HbbTV Association
May 17, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has chosen Sofia Digital to implement a reference application and provide sample content for online streaming of DRM protected video to HbbTV enabled televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Sofia Digital, Klaus Illgner, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Worldwide
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital provides HbbTV solution to Malaysia's RTM
Mar 11, 2016 – Sofia Digital has announced that, with Malaysian company NU-SECURE NET-360, it has been awarded a contract to provide an HbbTV solution for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), in preparation for Malaysia's DVB-T2 DTT launch.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Radio Televisyen Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital to deliver HbbTV support for DELTA Cloud TV deployment
Sep 11, 2015 – Sofia Digital, together with Booxmedia, has announced a contract with DELTA of the Netherlands, to provide, install and maintain a multiscreen cloud TV solution. As part of the project Sofia Digital will deliver HbbTV support.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Booxmedia, DELTA, Digital TV, HbbTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT
Ruutu HbbTV 1.5 online video service launched in Finland
Aug 13, 2015 – A collaboration between Nelonen Media, Digita and Sofia Digital has brought the online video service 'Ruutu' to the Finnish terrestrial TV network. Viewers tuned to the Digita network with an HbbTV 1.5 activated receiver have been able to use the service since June 24th.
News categories: Nelonen Media, Digita, Sofia Digital, Ruutu, Kai Taka-Aho, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Terrestrial
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware