Digital TV News: Softbank
YouVue launches 3D sharing platform
Dec 19, 2019 – YouVue has launched a 3D sharing platform that will provide immersive viewing on any device, anywhere in the world. Unlike other 3D offerings, YouVue streams photorealistic experiences from any 3D media source to be consumed on everyday mobile devices.
News categories: YouVue, Joe Mikhail, Conrad Burke, Digital TV, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
Oct 14, 2019 – GlobalData expects that a rise in IPTV subscriptions and increasing ARPU will drive growth in pay-TV service revenues in Japan through 2023. Fixed broadband expansion and rising adoption of OTT services will also increase revenue.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
Mar 14, 2019 – Eleven Sports has announced the launch of a new streaming service in Japan. Launching on 16 March, the new service will stream live action from the local Eastern and Western League of the NPB Farm Leagues, Japan’s minor league baseball competitions.
News categories: Eleven Sports, Suhyeon Cho, Anouk Mertens, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
SoftBank and Netflix Japan announce partnership
Aug 24, 2015 – SoftBank and Netflix have announced that SoftBank will offer an integrated Netflix experience when Netflix Japan launches. Customers will be able to sign-up using their Softbank account and have Netflix' monthly fee added to their bill.
News categories: Netflix, SoftBank, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
MobiTV selected for TV Bank multiscreen service in Japan
Nov 17, 2014 – MobiTV and TV Bank have announced a partnership to leverage MobiTV's software-based platform and NetDVR (nDVR) technology to extend TV services across screens. The service will enable a robust entertainment experience on connected devices.
News categories: MobiTV, TV Bank, Charlie Nooney, Tomotaka Nakagawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
Newport Media ISDB-T SoCs Power Phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and ZTE
Jun 28, 2012 – Newport Media has announced major design wins at several suppliers of smartphone and feature phone products. In both Latin America and Japan, network operators have selected Newport Media Digital TV enabled phones.
News categories: Newport Media, Digital TV, Japan, Latin America, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Newport Media Achieves Key Milestone of 70 Million Broadcast TV ICs Shipped Worldwide
Feb 27, 2012 – Newport Media has announced that it has reached a key milestone in company history with cumulative shipments of more than 70 million CMOS SoCs that address multiple global standards for broadcast Mobile TV.
News categories: Newport Media, Market Research, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, OTT
ViXS® SoC Provide Mobile Phone Video Support in Sharp Blu-Ray PVR/Recorders
Sep 11, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that Sharp's latest Blu-Ray Disc (BD) PVR/recorder products have taken advantage of the video processing flexibility of the XCode® 3000 series to enable broadcast video conversion for mobile phone support.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Japan, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV