Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
Renesas Mobile Application Processor Becomes World's First DivX Plus™ HD System-on-Chip
Feb 16, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that Renesas Mobile's full-HD capable application processor SH-Mobile MT1 (SH73704) is the world's first mobile system-on-chip (SoC) to be awarded DivX Plus™ HD Certification.
News categories: DivX, Renesas Mobile, Media Player, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
DivX and Freescale Collaborate to Support DivX TV™ and Drive DivX HD™ Playback Adoption
Feb 15, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an expanded collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to adopt DivX HD™ technology across multiple platforms and support DivX TV™ on its chipsets.
News categories: Freescale, DivX, Media Player, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
Sonic Digital Entertainment Platform and Technologies to Propel Intel Insider Launch
Jan 5, 2011 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that its RoxioNow™ entertainment platform and related technologies were selected by Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) for Intel® Insider™ support.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Intel Corp, CES2020, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
Intel Brings 'Eye Candy' to Masses with Newest Laptop, PC Chips
Jan 5, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has introduced its 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family at CES 2011. New features include Intel® Insider™, Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company's award-winning Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi).
News categories: Intel Corp, CES2020, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
ViXS Announces Support for RoxioNow on XCode® 4210
Jan 5, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced support for the RoxioNow® entertainment platform from Sonic Solutions. Support for RoxioNow on ViXS platforms as a pre-integrated solution can significantly reduce the time-to-market for our OEM customers.
News categories: ViXS, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
DivX Continues to Expand DivX Plus™ HD Certification on Broadcom® Platforms; Demonstrates Support for DivX TV™
Jan 4, 2011 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced its first DivX Plus™ HD Certified chip for set-top boxes (STBs) with Broadcom's BCM7208 HD IP STB system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution. In addition, Broadcom has certified its latest BCM35230 connected DTV platform.
News categories: DivX, Broadcom, CES2020, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
Rovi Corporation Enters Definitive Agreement to Acquire Sonic Solutions
Dec 22, 2010 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) and Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC) have announced that the two companies have signed a definitive agreement for Rovi to acquire Sonic in a stock and cash transaction.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, Middleware, MnA, OTT, Smart Home
DivX TV™ Launches on LG Consumer Electronics
Dec 8, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the launch of DivX TV™, the company's comprehensive entertainment service that enables retailers and consumer electronics manufacturers to bring a broad range of web-based content to home and mobile electronics.
News categories: DivX, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service