Digital TV News: Sony Computer Entertainment
Australia's Presto OTT arrives on PlayStation 3 and 4
Dec 10, 2015 – Presto has announced that it has begun streaming to Sony PlayStation 3 and 4 games consoles. The news comes just as Sony kicks off its 20th anniversary of Sony PlayStation. Australian PlayStation 3 and 4 owners can now download a Presto app.
News categories: Presto, Sony Computer Entertainment, Shaun James, Michael Ephraim, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT
PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
Nov 25, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units worldwide. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
PlayStation Vue announces a-la-carte offerings
Jun 16, 2015 – Sony has announced that it will begin offering PS4 and PS3 owners in the U.S. the option to subscribe to individual channels through a-la-carte offerings, beginning with SHOWTIME, FOX Soccer Plus and an exclusive service from Machinima.
News categories: Sony Network Entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
PlayStation Vue launches on PS3 and PS4 consoles
Mar 18, 2015 – Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have announced that PlayStation Vue, their cloud-based TV service, has launched on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment systems.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Entertainment Network, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Worldwide
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Tablet, USA
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
PlayStation4 sales surpass 10 million units worldwide
Aug 12, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units worldwide as of August 10, 2014.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Games Console, Market Research, Worldwide
Sony introduces PlayStation TV for North America, Europe and PAL regions
Jun 10, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment has introduced PlayStation®TV (PS TV), an affordable entertainment system that will enable users to easily enjoy various game content and PlayStation®4 (PS4™) remote play on their TV at home.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Europe, Games Console, North America, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey