Digital TV News: Sony Entertainment Network
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Worldwide
OTT to reach nearly half the world’s TV households by 2020
Sep 9, 2014 – The number of households watching online TV and video will reach 706.53 million in 2020, up from 196.90 million in 2010 and the 374.43 million expected in 2014, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
Aug 27, 2014 – The number of European homes paying a monthly subscription to receive subscription video on demand packages will climb from 1.78 million in 2010 to 59.41 million in 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Market Research, OTT
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019