Digital TV News: Sony Pictures Networks India
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
SonyLIV releases 'State of Digital Entertainment 2018' report
Jan 25, 2019 – SonyLIV has unveiled its ‘State of Digital Entertainment 2018’ report. Reflecting the digital takeover that grasped India last year, this report shares detailed insights on digital video consumption, user patterns and audience demographics.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Uday Sodhi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Amagi provides targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion for SonyLIV
Sep 12, 2018 – Amagi has announced that SonyLIV is using its THUNDERSTORM cloud-based platform for targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion. Amagi will help monetize premium general entertainment and movie channels on the SonyLIV OTT platform.
News categories: Amagi, Sony Pictures Networks India, Deepakjit Singh, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, OTT
Brightcove powers OTT video delivery for SonyLIV
May 6, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it is powering SonyLIV, the premium OTT streaming service by Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN). Launched in 2013, SonyLIV was the first OTT streaming service in India.
News categories: Brightcove, SonyLIV, Ben Morrell, Uday Sodhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
Mar 15, 2018 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that SonyLIV provided multi-screen engagement to users on all devices, using Akamai's Dynamic Ad Insertion capabilities during the India-South Africa cricket series held over January and February 2018.
News categories: Akamai, Sony Pictures Network, SonyLIV, Sidharth Pisharoti, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
SonyLIV selects CleverTap analytics and engagement platform
Jun 1, 2017 – CleverTap has announced that Sony Pictures Networks India has selected the company’s real-time behavioral data and user insights platform for its SonyLIV video on demand (VOD) service. Sony will leverage CleverTap to gain greater understanding of its users.
News categories: CleverTap, Sony Pictures Networks, Sunil Thomas, Uday Sodhi, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019