Digital TV News: Sorenson Media
Nielsen rolls Sorenson Media acquisition into new addressable advertising initiative
Feb 21, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched an initiative, Nielsen Advanced Video Advertising, that will focus on addressable advertising for Smart TVs and beyond. As part of the initiative, Nielsen has acquired Sorenson Media.
News categories: Nielsen, David Kenny, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
dataxu debuts TotalTV for Advertisers, spanning linear, connected and addressable TV
Sep 20, 2018 – dataxu has announced TotalTV for Advertisers. TotalTV includes a unified planner for TV that creates buying plans to reach de-duplicated audiences among more than 120 million households, whether viewers are watching linear TV or streaming through any OTT device.
News categories: dataxu, Sorenson Media, Sandro Catanzaro, James Shears, Sarah Wilson, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sorenson Media launches addressable TV advertising platform for live linear programming
Jul 26, 2018 – Sorenson Media has announced that it is live with Sorenson Addressable, a targeted advertising platform for television. Sorenson Media has also revealed that AMC Networks is first company to use the new platform.
News categories: Sorenson Media, AMC Networks, Pat Nola, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ITV partners with Sorenson Media to launch linear addressable advertising
Nov 9, 2017 – ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster, has announced a partnership with Sorenson Media. ITV will use Sorenson Media’s technology to execute addressable advertising campaigns across ITV’s range of linear broadcast channels starting early next year.
News categories: Sorenson Media, ITV, Brian Jentz, Kelly Williams, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Sharp Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Inclusion in Mobile Chipsets
Aug 14, 2012 – Sorenson Media has announced that it has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to Sharp (Tokyo:6753) to enhance the company's online video family of semiconductor systems on a chip (SoC).
News categories: Sorenson Media, Sharp Corp, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Comtrend Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Use in Multimedia Set Top Boxes
Mar 8, 2011 – Sorenson Media has announced that Comtrend has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder for inclusion in the company's new line of set top boxes for Swiss Telecom.
News categories: Sorenson, Comtrend, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Set Top Box
Sorenson Spark Provides its Video Decoder to LGs Full Line of Mobile Phones
Jul 28, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that LG Electronics (LG) has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec to enable their full line of mobile devices to access the broadest selection of videos on the Internet.
News categories: Sorenson Media, LG Electronics, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company's range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Sorenson Media Announces Immediate Support for VP8/WebM
May 19, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced it will join the online video ecosystem built around Google's WebM project. The company also announced that it has already optimized all of its products for VP8 and WebM.
News categories: Sorenson Media, WebM, Media Player, OTT
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025