Digital TV News: Sorenson
Accedo powers increased device support for New Zealand's Lightbox
Jun 9, 2015 – Accedo is powering extended device support for Spark New Zealand’s Lightbox TV service. Initially deployed on an Accedo VIA powered iPad app, Lightbox is now available on a range of devices, including tablets and smart phones, PlayStation3 and PlayStation4, Smart TVs, Airplay and Chromecast.
News categories: Accedo, Lightbox, Michael Lantz, Matt Kossatz, Jakob Sorenson, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Multiscreen, New Zealand, OTT, Smart TV
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sharp Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Inclusion in Mobile Chipsets
Aug 14, 2012 – Sorenson Media has announced that it has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to Sharp (Tokyo:6753) to enhance the company's online video family of semiconductor systems on a chip (SoC).
News categories: Sorenson Media, Sharp Corp, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Use in Multimedia Set Top Boxes
Mar 8, 2011 – Sorenson Media has announced that Comtrend has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder for inclusion in the company's new line of set top boxes for Swiss Telecom.
News categories: Sorenson, Comtrend, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Set Top Box
Imagination POWERVR VXD392 and VXE382 deliver H.264 MVC decode and encode functions
Dec 6, 2010 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) has announced new additions to its video IP core families, the POWERVR VXD392 decoder and POWERVR VXE382 encoder, including support for H.264 MVC, WebM, S3D (Stereoscopic 3D) and resolutions up to UltraHD.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, 3D, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sorenson Spark Provides its Video Decoder to LGs Full Line of Mobile Phones
Jul 28, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that LG Electronics (LG) has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec to enable their full line of mobile devices to access the broadest selection of videos on the Internet.
News categories: Sorenson Media, LG Electronics, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company's range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
- One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
- Telstra to launch streaming TV service with Roku
- PathPartner announces HEVC codec for x86 platforms
- Flat Panel Display revenues forecast to fall in 2015
- Global STB shipments fell 2% to 275 million units in 2014
- Distribution Encoder market revenues to decline 21% by 2020
- FTTH subscribers in Asia-Pacific up 35 percent in one year
- Finland's DNA upgrades OTT with Booxmedia and Verimatrix
- MPEG LA issues Call for Patents for MPEG-DASH
- AT&T completes acquisition of DIRECTV
- BARB to release UK OTT viewing report
- AT&T U-verse TV subscribers down 22,000 in 2Q 2015
- Comcast video subscribers down 69,000 in 2Q 2015
- EU objects to cross-border provision of pay-TV services available in UK and Ireland
- STMicroelectronics reports 2Q 2015 results
- Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
- ACTV launches Nigeria's first CAM-Card for Smart TVs
- Videocon d2h adds 0.46 million subscribers in 2Q 2015
- HEVC Advance announces patent royalty rate schedule
- U.S. OTT TV viewing is higher in Gen X, Kid households