Digital TV News: Sorenson
Accedo powers increased device support for New Zealand's Lightbox
Jun 9, 2015 – Accedo is powering extended device support for Spark New Zealand’s Lightbox TV service. Initially deployed on an Accedo VIA powered iPad app, Lightbox is now available on a range of devices, including tablets and smart phones, PlayStation3 and PlayStation4, Smart TVs, Airplay and Chromecast.
News categories: Accedo, Lightbox, Michael Lantz, Matt Kossatz, Jakob Sorenson, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Multiscreen, New Zealand, OTT, Smart TV
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sharp Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Inclusion in Mobile Chipsets
Aug 14, 2012 – Sorenson Media has announced that it has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to Sharp (Tokyo:6753) to enhance the company's online video family of semiconductor systems on a chip (SoC).
News categories: Sorenson Media, Sharp Corp, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Renesas Expands EMMA Family with Set-Top Box SoCs Supporting 3D and Internet-Based Content
Jun 21, 2011 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) has announced the availability of a new SoC for set-top boxes (STBs), the EMMA™3SE/P, that supports worldwide digital TV broadcast video standards and a variety of video formats required to play internet-based content.
News categories: Renesas, 3D, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder for Use in Multimedia Set Top Boxes
Mar 8, 2011 – Sorenson Media has announced that Comtrend has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder for inclusion in the company's new line of set top boxes for Swiss Telecom.
News categories: Sorenson, Comtrend, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Set Top Box
Imagination POWERVR VXD392 and VXE382 deliver H.264 MVC decode and encode functions
Dec 6, 2010 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) has announced new additions to its video IP core families, the POWERVR VXD392 decoder and POWERVR VXE382 encoder, including support for H.264 MVC, WebM, S3D (Stereoscopic 3D) and resolutions up to UltraHD.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, 3D, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sorenson Spark Provides its Video Decoder to LGs Full Line of Mobile Phones
Jul 28, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that LG Electronics (LG) has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec to enable their full line of mobile devices to access the broadest selection of videos on the Internet.
News categories: Sorenson Media, LG Electronics, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company's range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
- Taiwanese silicon vendors dominate market for 4K TV chipsets
- Western European OTT to add $9 billion
- Macedonia pay TV subscribers up 5.6% in 2014
- Inverto adds new devices to its Unicable2 product range
- Vodafone Portugal launches first 4K (UHD) television channel
- FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
- Pay TV subscribers in Costa Rica grew 14% in 2014
- Nigeria's CONSAT to offer CAMs from SmarDTV
- Wyplay and ST disclose contribution to Canal+ 'Cube S' STB
- European cable finances improving; US prospects not so bright
- Home Gateway Initiative to close in 2016
- Gulf is next streaming video opportunity
- Vimond and iflix establish joint development centre in Malaysia
- Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
- Netflix on track for 69.9 million subs by year-end
- Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
- Broadcom signs STB MOUs with Inspur and StarTimes
- Shaw abandons IPTV plan, trials Comcast X1
- North American SVOD market far from mature
- Why Netflix is more popular than Hulu and Amazon Prime