Digital TV News: SpaceX
BulgariaSat-1 satellite successfully launched
Jun 23, 2017 – BulgariaSat-1 is a geostationary communications satellite which will provide direct-to-home television (DTH) and data communications services to Southeastern Europe and other European regions. It will be located at 1.9°E.
News categories: SpaceX, BulgariaSat, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
InfoSat-Laos launches DTH on THAICOM 8
Oct 11, 2016 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a contract with InfoSat-Laos for the launch of a DTH platform on the THAICOM 8 satellite. The platform has more than 15 channels available in both SD and HD formats.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Somsouk Souksavath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
EUTELSAT 117 West B placed into orbit
Jun 15, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite. The satellite was ferried into space by a Falcon 9 rocket that took off from SpaceX’s complex in Cape Canaveral and parked EUTELSAT 117 West B in a supersynchronous orbit.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
Feb 8, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it is targeting a 24 February 2016 launch date for its SES-9 satellite. SES-9 will be positioned at 108.2°E to provide capacity for a video neighbourhood over Asia.
News categories: SES S.A, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Philippines, Satellite
EUTELSAT 115 West B satellite gears up for launch
Feb 26, 2015 – EUTELSAT 115 West B, the first all-electric satellite for Eutelsat Communications (Paris: ETL), is scheduled for launch by SpaceX using the Falcon 9 rocket on 1 March. Built by Boeing Defense and Space, Eutelsat’s latest satellite arrived in Cape Canaveral on 25 January.
News categories: Eutelsat, Patricio Northland, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite
SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
Feb 25, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with SpaceX to launch two new satellites in 2017. SES-14 will bring additional capacity to serve growing Direct-to-Home and Direct-to-Cable video neighbourhoods in the Americas. SES-16/GovSat is for government-specific missions.
News categories: SES S.A, SpaceX, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
SSL selected to provide DTH satellite for Bulgaria Sat
Sep 8, 2014 – Space Systems/Loral has announced that it has been selected to provide a communications satellite for Bulgaria Sat. The satellite, which will carry DTH TV in the Balkan region, will be Bulgaria Sat's first dedicated satellite.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, Bulsatcom, John Celli, Maxim Zayakov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 8 launch set for 5th of August
Aug 1, 2014 – AsiaSat 8 is scheduled for launch on 5 August from Cape Canaveral. The satellite has 24 Ku-band transponders and a Ka-band payload. The additional capacity will help meet the growing demand for satellite services, including DTH television, in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: AsiaSat, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0