Digital TV News: Spectral Edge
Spectral Edge brings HDR-like experiences to existing TVs
Sep 7, 2017 – Spectral Edge has released Vividteq, a colour filter technology that dynamically improves image quality and enables service providers to deliver HDR-like experiences to their subscribers, with no need to replace or update customer equipment.
News categories: Spectral Edge, Rhodri Thomas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Spectral Edge launches Ultra HD solution for color-blind viewers
Jun 8, 2017 – Spectral Edge has announced that it will unveil a 4k Ultra HD version of its Eyeteq content accessibility technology at the M-Enabling Summit. This enables pay TV operators to better meet the needs of those that suffer with color-blindness.
News categories: Spectral Edge, Matthew Terrell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Spectral Edge makes TV content accessible for colour-blind viewers
Sep 8, 2015 – Spectral Edge has announced that it is enabling operators and set top box manufacturers to transform the TV viewing experience for the estimated 4% of the world’s population that suffers from colour-blindness. Spectral Edge will demonstrate its technology in STMicroelectronics’ private suite at IBC 2015.
News categories: Spectral Edge, STMicroelectronics, Christopher Cytera, Ismail Allalcha, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation