Digital TV News: Splashtop
Splashtop Partners with MStar to Enable Delivery of Multimedia Content Bi-directionally Across Household and Personal Devices
Feb 1, 2012 – Splashtop has announced that MStar is to bundle Splashtop's technologies onto MStar Smart TV platforms to enable content, games, and application delivery to and from TVs with any computer, PC, tablet, and cloud service, within the home or over the internet.
News categories: Mstar Semi, Splashtop, Home Networking, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor
RealNetworks Powers Entertainment Experiences on Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – RealNetworks (Nasdaq: RNWK) has entered licensing agreements with OS vendors Canonical, Xandros, Phoenix Technologies and DeviceVM to license RealPlayer for Mobile Devices for use in Linux OSs and Instant-On OSs for Windows-based Netbooks.
News categories: RealNetworks, COMPUTEX, Media Player, OTT, PC Video
- Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
- Antik Telecom hybrid satellite TV service to commence in 1Q 2015
- Global TV shipments rebound in 3Q 2014
- 100 million with Fiber-to-the-Home in Asia-Pacific
- European OTT market to experience rapid growth by 2017
- DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
- Inca Networks powers Hamilton Telecommunications IPTV service
- UltraFlix 4K streaming launches on Samsung UHD TVs
- South Indian MSOs to form Federation
- Cable loses market share as Dutch turn to IPTV
- ITU approves H.265/HEVC second edition standard
- EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
- ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
- Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
- Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
- Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.
- Teleste headend for Arganet IPTV in Brazil
- HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
- OTT pay TV revenue to hit $10 billion in 2018
- Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya