Digital TV News: SpotX
SpotX and JW Player team up at IBC 2018
Sep 12, 2018 – At IBC 2018, the SpotX and JW Player teams will demonstrate the monetisation potential of Video Player Bidding, a header bidding solution built directly into JW Player and powered by SpotX.
News categories: SpotX, JW Player, Sean Buckley, Brian Rifkin, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Kaltura announces advanced advertising solution with Yospace and SpotX
Sep 7, 2018 – Kaltura has announced the release of its Advanced Advertising solution, which leverages the company’s partnership and technology integrations with Yospace, a dynamic ad insertion provider and SpotX, a video advertising and monetization platform.
News categories: Kaltura, Yospace, SpotX, Gideon Gilboa, Tim Sewell, Allen Klosowski, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
Reel Cash launches TV ratings based on paying viewers for their data
Jul 31, 2018 – Reel Cash’s first product, called Reel Pass, is a free browser extension that the user activates when watching Netflix, YouTube TV, or other supported channels.
News categories: Reel Cash, Jeff Carr, J. Allen Dove, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
SpotX provides Nielsen-based audience insights for connected TV
May 1, 2018 – SpotX has announced that it will be providing campaign reach reporting using demographic breakouts based on Nielsen’s audience data for connected TV. This marks the first time a digital supply-side platform (SSP) has leveraged Nielsen analytics for CTV.
News categories: SpotX, Nielsen, Mike Shehan, Ly Tran, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
IAB Tech Lab releases OTT Identifier for Advertising guidelines for comment
Apr 3, 2018 – The IAB Technology Laboratory has released 'Guidelines for Identifier for Advertising on OTT Platforms' with recommendations on how to maintain a high-quality advertising experience within over-the-top television (OTT) environments.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Dennis Buchheim, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
SpotX and Switch Media partner to personalise OTT ads
Apr 3, 2018 – SpotX has announced a compatibility with Switch Media, one of the world’s leading cloud-based streaming companies, to power server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for personalised advertising across live, sports, events and video on demand (VOD).
News categories: SpotX, Switch Media, Christopher Blok, Mark Wilson, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
SpotX granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group
Mar 22, 2018 – SpotX has announced that it has been granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) for all official seals including the Certified Against Fraud Seal, Certified Against Malware Seal, the Certified Against Piracy Seal, and the Certified Inventory Quality Guidelines (IQG) Seal.
News categories: SpotX, Trustworthy Accountability Group, J. Allen Dove, Mike Zaneis, Advertising, USA
SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
Mar 15, 2018 – SpotX has extended their strategic partnership with Pluto TV, a free OTT TV service in America. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will match media buyers to Pluto TV’s premium inventory and power the programmatic monetization of Pluto TV’s OTT content.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Mike Shehan, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally
- 605 launches 605 PLATF0RM measurement and analytics for TV
- Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy