Digital TV News: Spotify
Proximus and Technicolor deliver 'Pickx' decoder based on Android P
Nov 12, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Proximus has begun deployment of its V7 decoder 'Proximus Pickx'. Technicolor helped integrate a broad range of functionality into the Android TV set-top box.
News categories: Technicolor, Proximus, 3SS, Mercedes Pastor, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
COVID-19 boosts mobile content spend 28% in 2020
Oct 6, 2020 – COVID-19 will boost worldwide revenue on content consumed on mobile phones by 28% in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. Over the next five years mobile media revenue is expected to approach $860 billion.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Kerr, Nitesh Patel, Content Distribution, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
Sep 29, 2020 – Kaltura has been selected by Cellcom Israel to power Cellcom TV, the largest OTT TV service in Israel, with over 250,000 subscribing households. The service will be fully cloud-based and hosted on Amazon Web Services.
News categories: Kaltura, Cellcom, Nuno Sanches, Atara Litvak Shacham, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Polestar 2 first car with Android Automotive OS infotainment
Jul 23, 2020 – Polestar 2 is the first car in the world to feature an infotainment system powered by Android Automotive OS. Polestar is also releasing a new version of its system emulator for the Android Studio development platform.
News categories: Polestar, Thomas Ingenlath, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Kantar launches industry-wide ad effectiveness measurement platform
Jul 22, 2020 – Kantar has announced Project Moonshot, an industry initiative to assess the impact of advertising. Also being announced are cookie-less measurement partnerships including Dish, Pinterest, Roku, Snap, Spotify and Twitter.
News categories: Kantar, Jane Ostler, Gaurav Shirole, Itamar Benedy, Nick Lawson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia