Digital TV News: Sprint
Top three China panel suppliers' combined market share exceeds 40% in Q1
May 6, 2019 – According to WitsView, total TV panel shipments in 1Q 2019 reached 70.02 million units, up 4.2% YoY. As Taiwan, Korean and Japanese manufacturers undergo annual maintenance and ease production pressures by adjusting product sizes, China's panel manufacturers take the lead.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC19, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
T-Mobile US and Sprint to combine
Apr 29, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement to merge in an all-stock transaction. The combined company will be named T-Mobile.
News categories: T-Mobile US, Sprint Corp, MnA, Mobile, USA
Sprint, Altice announce MVNO agreement
Nov 5, 2017 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have announced an agreement under which Altice will utilize Sprint’s network to provide mobile voice and data services, and Sprint will use the Altice broadband platform to accelerate the densification of its network.
News categories: Altice, Sprint, Dexter Goei, Marcelo Claure, Broadband, Cable TV, Mobile, USA
Video to account for 60% of mobile data traffic in 2017
Dec 6, 2016 – A study from Juniper Research has forecast that annual cellular data traffic, generated by smartphones, tablets, connected cars, and other M2M modules, will reach 129,000 PB (Petabytes) by 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ericsson and Sprint live-stream 4K UHD using 5G at Lincoln Field
Jun 14, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Sprint have announced that at Philadelphia's Lincoln Field they have streamed 4K UHD video streams over a live 5G wireless signal using 400 MHz of spectrum, including a live 4K UHD camera stream from the Sprint Fan Zone.
News categories: Ericsson, Sprint, Glenn Laxdal, John Saw, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019