Digital TV News: Sprint
Sprint to stream 4K over 5G at Copa America games in June
May 3, 2016 – Sprint (NYSE: S) has announced that it will use the Copa America soccer tournament to demonstrate the 5G capabilities using millimetric band radius to deliver 4K streaming of soccer content.
News categories: Sprint, R. Marcelo Claure, 5G, Digital TV, USA
North America to be first to 5% 4K TV household penetration
Nov 6, 2013 – Asia-Pacific, notably, China, is expected to lead 4K (or Ultra HD) TV unit shipments. However, the North American market is anticipated to be the first region to eclipse 5% (in 2017) and 10% (by end of 2018) of TV households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Marvell and Google Team Up to Transform TV into the Command Center for the 'Connected Lifestyle'
Jan 5, 2012 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that the new Foresight Platform, powered by the Marvell® ARMADA™ 1500 HD Media System-on-a-Chip (SoC), has been designed into the next generation of Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) TVs debuting at CES 2012.
News categories: Marvell, Google TV, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC19, OTT
Worldwide IPTV Market to Reach US$78.9 Billion in Service Revenues by 2015
Feb 8, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on IPTV. The Global iPTV market is projected to amass a worldwide subscriber base of 343.2 million by the year 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
FOXTEL 3D to launch November 1st, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 – FOXTEL has announced additions to its suite of channels including four new HD channels and Australia's first dedicated 3D channel - launching November 1, 2010.
News categories: FOXTEL, Australia, Cable TV, Satellite, VR
MaxLinear Tuners Used for ATSC-M/H Mobile TV Field Trials
Aug 31, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL111SF ICs are being used in mobile devices from Dell Inc. and Hauppauge Computer Works that were developed for the ATSC-M/H field trials now ongoing in Washington, D.C.
News categories: MaxLinear, Dell Inc, Hauppauge, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV