Digital TV News: StarHub
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
NAGRA supports StarHub’s transition to IP platform
Sep 4, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has completed the end-to-end integration of StarHub’s multi-network pay-TV services into the operator’s brand new Hubtricity facility.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Stéphane Le Dreau, Chong Siew Loong, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
StarHub and Nielsen combine TV audience and consumer data
May 19, 2017 – StarHub and Nielsen have partnered to offer TV advertisers enhanced profiling options by fusing StarHub's TV audience measurement data with consumption statistics from Nielsen Consumer and Media View in Singapore.
News categories: StarHub, Nielsen, Germaine Ng Ferguson, Annette Kunst, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
Asia Pacific OTT TV & video revenues to triple
May 18, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues for the Asia Pacific region will reach $18,396 million in 2021; up from $707 million in 2010 and $5,741 million in 2015, according to Digital TV Research. China will overtake Japan in 2016 to become market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
BBC Player to launch with StarHub later this year
Apr 27, 2016 – BBC Worldwide has announced the launch of BBC Player, an SVOD service that will allow viewers to watch BBC programmes anytime anywhere. It will be available in Singapore to StarHub TV customers later this year.
News categories: BBC Worldwide, StarHub, Paul Dempsey, Monty Ghai, Howie Lau, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
StarHub adopts NAGRA's Netflix solution for STBs
Apr 26, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has successfully partnered with StarHub, Singapore’s leading pay TV operator, to launch the Netflix subscription-on-demand (SVOD) service on its Fibre TV platform.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Wang Li-Na, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
CATCHPLAY On Demand launches in Taiwan
Mar 23, 2016 – CATCHPLAY has announced the launch of its CATCHPLAY On Demand service in Taiwan. It also announced partnerships with StarHub Singapore and Telkom Indonesia which will have associate services launching in the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: CATCHPLAY, Telkom Indonesia, StarHub, Timothy Chen, Daphne Yang, Joddy Hernady, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT, Singapore, Taiwan
StarHub pay TV subscribers down 1.2% in 2015
Feb 16, 2016 – StarHub has announced results for the fourth quarter and full year ended 31 December 2015. On December 31, 2015, the company's Pay TV subscriber base was 536,000 down 6,200 in the quarter and down 6,500 YoY.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free