Digital TV News: Sunrise Communications
Liberty Global to sell UPC Switzerland to Sunrise
Feb 27, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has agreed to sell its Swiss operation, UPC Switzerland, to Sunrise Communications Group. The transaction will create the leading converged challenger in the market.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Switzerland's Sunrise adds 36,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 20, 2014 – Sunrise Communications has released its results for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2013. At the end of December 2013, more than 74,300 customers used Sunrise TV, a near doubling of subscribers.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Sunrise Chooses Entone IPTV STBs
Feb 21, 2012 – Entone has announced that Sunrise Communications, the largest private telecom provider in Switzerland, has selected Entone as its set-top box partner for the deployment of advanced IPTV services.
News categories: Entone, Sunrise Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, Video Exchange
Swisscom Mobile TV network to be set up as planned
Dec 12, 2007 – At the end of September 2007 ComCom awarded Swisscom the licence to set up DVB-H mobile TV in Switzerland. Despite the withdrawal of the two partners - Sunrise and Orange - Swisscom is continuing with its plan to provide the service in time for the European Football Championships.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier