Digital TV News: Synacor
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
Netflix Leads US OTT Market
Oct 31, 2012 – In 2011 Netflix accounted for just over 50% of the OTT market in North America and despite missteps during the company's separation between streaming and physical media rentals, secured the top spot in ABI Research's US OTT Competitive Assessment.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere: New Premium Video Authentication Solution Now Available
Mar 23, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the Adobe® Pass service, a new authentication solution that enables pay TV subscribers to easily access premium content from virtually any Internet-connected device.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues