Digital TV News: Synacor
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
Netflix Leads US OTT Market
Oct 31, 2012 – In 2011 Netflix accounted for just over 50% of the OTT market in North America and despite missteps during the company's separation between streaming and physical media rentals, secured the top spot in ABI Research's US OTT Competitive Assessment.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere: New Premium Video Authentication Solution Now Available
Mar 23, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the Adobe® Pass service, a new authentication solution that enables pay TV subscribers to easily access premium content from virtually any Internet-connected device.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia