Digital TV News: Synacor
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
Netflix Leads US OTT Market
Oct 31, 2012 – In 2011 Netflix accounted for just over 50% of the OTT market in North America and despite missteps during the company's separation between streaming and physical media rentals, secured the top spot in ABI Research's US OTT Competitive Assessment.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere: New Premium Video Authentication Solution Now Available
Mar 23, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the Adobe® Pass service, a new authentication solution that enables pay TV subscribers to easily access premium content from virtually any Internet-connected device.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices