Digital TV News: Synacor
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Classic Video on Demand vendors risk losing half VOD market by 2018
Jun 4, 2013 – The shift of video consumption to tablets and smartphones is causing operator requirements for video on demand (VOD) systems to change as vendors struggle to keep up with current generation needs, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research
Netflix Leads US OTT Market
Oct 31, 2012 – In 2011 Netflix accounted for just over 50% of the OTT market in North America and despite missteps during the company's separation between streaming and physical media rentals, secured the top spot in ABI Research's US OTT Competitive Assessment.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
$2 Billion Video Delivery Platforms Market Set to Double by 2017
Aug 27, 2012 – In 2012, revenues for video platforms distributing video on behalf of media & entertainment companies (including cable & satellite distributors) worldwide will reach $2.1 billion, and will grow to over $4 billion in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere: New Premium Video Authentication Solution Now Available
Mar 23, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the Adobe® Pass service, a new authentication solution that enables pay TV subscribers to easily access premium content from virtually any Internet-connected device.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023