Digital TV News: Synergy Research
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Stellar growth forecast for some Video Infrastructure Software market segments
Oct 7, 2014 – New Q2 data contained in a complimentary report from Synergy Research Group shows that client software is the fastest growing software category within the video infrastructure software market, followed by headend software.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth in Q2 2008
Aug 15, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announces the availability of the Synergy Q2 2008 IPTV Market Share report, which shows the overall IPTV equipment market growing 30.3 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Coship chooses ANT Galio Browser as platform partner for latest IPTV set-top boxes
Jun 16, 2008 – ANT (AIM:ANTP) has announced that Coship has licensed ANT Galio Browser for use in its next generation IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: ANT Software, Coship, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Q1 2008 IPTV Equipment Posts Aggressive Growth
May 16, 2008 – Synergy Research Group (SRG) has announced the availability of the Synergy Q1 2008 IPTV Market Share report. The fastest growing IPTV market segment was IPTV Set Top Boxes (STB), which grew 86 percent year over year.
News categories: Synergy Research, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications