Digital TV News: Türksat
Teleste to deliver headend system to Türksat
Jun 11, 2018 – Teleste will deliver a complete headend system to Türksat in cooperation with its Turkish Value Added Reseller. Based on Teleste’s Luminato digital headend, the deployment will provide Türksat with a platform for CATV, OTT and IPTV delivery and live content processing.
News categories: Teleste, Türksat, Julius Tikkanen, Ender Kümüştekin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
ZTE wins Turksat digital hybrid STB contract
Jun 27, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has won its bid to provide a digital hybrid set-top-box (STB) solution for Turkey’s direct-to-home (DTH) and cable operator, Turksat. The contract was confirmed prior to MWC Shanghai 2017.
News categories: ZTE, Turksat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Content Distribution, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
Conax security upgrade for Turksat cable TV
Feb 29, 2012 – Conax has announced its agreement with Turksat for deployment of a Conax Contego™ content security solution for its rapidly expanding cable TV operations.
News categories: Conax, Türksat, Cable TV, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Turkey
Turksat Selects Content Security from Conax
May 27, 2008 – Ankara-based cable TV and satellite operator, Turksat, has chosen to deploy a Conax CAS7 conditional access solution for the new Turksat DTV platform.
News categories: Conax, Turksat, Broadcast Group, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software