Digital TV News: TCL Multimedia
TCL Multimedia and Tencent announce Smart TV collaboration
Jul 5, 2017 – FFalcon Technology, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TCL Multimedia (HKSE: 1070.HK) and Tencent Digital have announced that they plan to work together to accelerate the promotion of a 'Smart + Internet' business model.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, Tencent, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
Foxxum provides Smart TV solution to TCL
Mar 30, 2016 – For its TV sets in the Australian and South American markets, TCL Multimedia has signed an agreement with Foxxum to provide a state-of-the-art Smart TV portal including a dedicated Foxxum TV store.
News categories: Foxxum, TCL Multimedia, Ronny Lutzi, Jeff Huang, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV
Matchstick launches Flint open source streaming platform
Jan 5, 2015 – Matchstick has announced Flint, an open software and open hardware video-streaming platform created with Mozilla’s Firefox OS inside. In addition, the company has announced hardware partnerships with both Phillips/AOC and TCL to distribute Flint enabled products.
News categories: Matchstick, AOC, TCL Multimedia, Jack Chang, Sean Shih, Rita Chao, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
TCL to adopt DivX HEVC technology for new 4K televisions
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and TCL have announced that TCL Multimedia will adopt the DivX HEVC technology for its global line of digital televisions, enabling the playback of high-quality, highly efficient Ultra HD (4K) video in the living room.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, E Hao, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Smart TV, Worldwide
WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
Apr 16, 2014 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) and TCL Multimedia have announced a joint-venture partnership with Wasu Digital TV Media Group (WASU) as part of their IMAX TCL home theatre initiative.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, IMAX Corp, WASU, Richard L. Gelfond, Tomson Dongsheng Li, Qiang Cao, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
TCL Multimedia enters console gaming market
Apr 3, 2014 – TCL Multimedia (HKSE stock code: 01070) has announced that it has joined forces with China Unicom, ATET, JD.com and Gameloft in a move that marks the entry of TCL Multimedia into the game industry.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, Alix Cloux, Hao Yi, China, Digital TV, Games Console
Dolby launches Dolby Vision picture improvement technology
Jan 6, 2014 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced Dolby® Vision, a new imaging technology that helps content creators and television manufacturers deliver true-to-life brightness, colors, and contrast by augmenting the fidelity of Ultra HD (UHD) and HD video signals.
News categories: Dolby, Hao E, Roland Vlaicu, Jim Freeman, Neil Hunt, Mike Seamons, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers