Digital TV News: TDS
ARRIS and TDS Telecom to deploy Android TV STB
Jul 29, 2019 – ARRIS and TDS Telecom have announced plans to deploy an Android TV set-top for the TDS Cloud TV Platform called TDS TV+. TDS plans to launch the cloud-based, IP video delivered solution later this year, beginning in its cable footprint in central Oregon.
News categories: ARRIS, TDS Telecom, Larry Robinson, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
TDS Telecom launches companion app and updates UI
Dec 29, 2016 – A new, free TDS TV Companion App from TDS Telecom, turns smartphones and tablets into personal TV remote controls. The new functionality comes as part of a user interface upgrade, which also brings an updated look and feel to the TDS TV on-screen menus.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Shane West, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TDS selects ARRIS MOXI Whole Home solution
Oct 12, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that TDS Telecommunications is currently deploying the ARRIS MOXI Whole Home Solution in 11 key markets in the southwestern U.S. to give subscribers a personalized multi-room experience for browsing and accessing their entertainment.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TDS Telecom, Bob Noonan, Shane West, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telephone and Data Systems (NYSE:TDS) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2014. TDS Telecom finished the year with 23,400 IPTV subscribers, up 2,700 in the quarter. Video connections via cable ended the year at 110,400, up 1,300 in the same period.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
SITI Cable adds 250,000 digital cable subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – SITI Cable Network Limited (SCNL) (BSE: 532795, NSE: SITI CABLE EQ) has reported results for the quarter ended 31st December, 2014. The company ended the year with a digital subscriber base of 4.85 million.
News categories: SITI Cable, Cable TV, India, Results, Subscribers
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 – TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
TDS TV switches to Microsoft Mediaroom in Tennessee
Jan 18, 2013 – TDS Telecommunications (NYSE: TDS) has announced that it is upgrading its TDS TV® platform in Farragut and Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. TDS is switching from the Minerva platform to Microsoft® (NASDAQ: MSFT) Mediaroom®.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Microsoft Mediaroom, Tony Bugher, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps